- Advanced Reciprocating Compressor
- Type of compressor that uses a more efficient process for compressing refrigerant for better cooling efficiency.
- Part of a split system heat pump or air conditioner's outdoor unit that controls the pressure applied to the refrigerant, necessary for taking in heat to warm your home or getting rid of heat to keep your home cool.
- Condenser Coil
- Part of a split-system air conditioner or heat pump. By converting refrigerant that is in a gas form back to a liquid, the coil sends heat carried by the refrigerant to the outside.
- A type of "valve" used in ductwork that opens or closes to control airflow. Used in zoning to control the amount of warm or cold air entering certain areas of your home.
- A type of furnace that takes cool air from the top and blows warm air to the bottom --common when your furnace must be located in a second-floor closet or utility area.
- Evaporator Coil
- Part of a split system air conditioner or heat pump located indoors. The evaporator coil cools and dehumidifies the air by converting liquid refrigerant into a gas, which absorbs the heat from the air. The warmest refrigerant is then carried through a tube to the outdoor unit (condenser coil).
- Horizontal Flow
- A type of furnace, installed on its "side," that draws in air from one side, heats it and sends the warm air out the other side. Most often used for installations in attics or crawl spaces.
- A piece of equipment that adds water vapor to heated air as it moves out of the furnace. This adds necessary moisture to protect your furnishings and reduce static electricity.
- Matched System
- A heating and cooling system comprised of products that have been certified to perform at promised comfort and efficiency levels when used together, and used according to design and engineering specifications.
- Reciprocating Compressor
- A type of compressor used in air conditioners that compress refrigerant by using a type of "piston" action.
- The Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio is a measure of the cooling efficiency of your air conditioner or heat pump. The higher the SEER number, the more efficient the system is at converting electricity into cooling power.
- Scroll Compressor
- A specially designed compressor that works in a circular motion versus. an up and down piston action.
- Split System
- Refers to an air conditioner or heat pump that has components in two locations. Usually, one part of the system is located inside (evaporator coil) and the other is located outside your home (condenser coil).
- Unit that monitors and controls your HVAC system products.
- A type of furnace that draws cool air from the bottom and blows the warmed air out the top
- A way to increase your home comfort and energy efficiency by controlling when and where heating and cooling occurs in a home. Programmable thermostats are used to control operating times of the equipment. Dampers are used to direct airflow to certain parts or "zones" of the home.
We service all areas of Southeast Houston including Pasadena, Deer Park, Pearland, Friendswood, Sagemont, South Houston, La Porte, Ellington, Clear Lake, Webster, Seabrook, Taylor Lake Village, Kemah, Alvin, Bacliff, Santa Fe, League City, Dickinson, Texas City, La Marque and Galveston, Texas.
Contact us or call us today
- Brown Air Conditioning and Heating
- 5041 Spencer Hwy Suite 207
- Pasadena, TX 77505
- Texas HAVC License #TACLA971E
- Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- 24 Hour Answering Service for Emergencies
©2018 Brown Air Conditioning and Heating - All Rights Reserved.